The automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS or AS/RS) consists of a variety of computer-controlled systems for automatically placing and retrieving loads from defined storage locations.
An effective automated storage and retrieval system provides several benefits for supply chain management,
An efficient AS/RS system helps companies cut expenses by minimizing the number of unnecessary parts and products in storage and improving the organization of the contents of a warehouse. Due to automated processes, it also allows for more storage space due to high-density storage, narrower aisles, etc,
Automation reduces labor costs while lowering workforce requirements and increasing safety.
1. Storage/Retrieval Machine (S/RM)
2. Satellite or Telescopic Fork load extraction devices
3. Savanna.NET Warehouse Management Software (WMS) and Warehouse Control Software (WCS)
4. Triple rail support AS/RS rack structure
5. Integration with other warehousing and logistical systems such as order fulfillment, pallet flow systems, conveyors, palletizers, and case packing and handling equipment.
1. There is a very high volume of loads being moved into and out of storage
2. Storage density is important because of space constraints
3. Accuracy is critical because of potential expensive damages to the load