The double deep pallet racking system is a racking storage system derived from heavy duty pallet racking. Its simple construction and high storage capacity reduce the number of aisles required by storing two or more deep pallets, allowing for higher storage density while still allowing operators to access each storage bay easily and relatively quickly. Compared to normal beam pallet racking, double deep pallet racking doubles the storage capacity, effectively relieving storage needs that cannot be met by normal pallet racking. Since there are more than two bays of goods on the depth of the warehouse racking, ordinary forklift trucks can no longer complete the access to the goods on wholesale double deep pallet racking, and special double deep pallet racking forklift trucks with telescopic forks are required to carry out the access work.
Double deep pallet rack is the only high-density storage pallet rack system that utilizes nothing but low-cost standard selective pallet rack. The only difference is that it is configured 2 pallets deep, back to back. Therefore you get an extremely dense 4-deep system that is accessible from both sides and all for only the cost of regular uprights and beams. It has a similar density to the drive-in rack but at less cost.
• Higher storage density than selective pallet racking systems
• Lowest cost per pallet position of any rack system
• Increase floor space by 60-65%
• Forklift drive must reach over the first beam level to load and unload pallets off the second beam level
• Very popular rack for high throughput operations
• Optional pallet supports help to support the pallets and give forklift drive confidence when loading back pallets – which decreases load and pick times
• Requires use of a special 2-deep reach truck
Sample CAD layouts for your reference：